Inbox Smart Storage App
We partnered with a self-storage company to design and build web and mobile applications. The result is hassle-free storage management for scheduling pickups and deliveries of the items you don’t need at home.
3200+Storage facilities in Europe
350 mln EURTransactions a year
9.5 mln square feetof self storage space in NL
Inbox.storage makes storage easy, effortless and brings structure to your stuff. They pick up your stuff, take it to the warehouse for storage, and redeliver one or all items wherever and whenever you want. All done through the Inbox-app with which you’re able to digitally manage your items, subscription and schedule pick of (re-)delivery orders.
Inbox has built a successful business that is a game changer in the Dutch storage sector. They developed a dropbox-like model in which users buy storage space instead of physical boxes. In order to allow their clients to calculate the subscription and self-manage the space, Inbox decided to take another step and create a web and mobile solution none of their competitors has.
The two biggest challenges were to:
- Come up with an intuitive way to describe possible storage items
- Integrate the solution with Inbox’s leads and flow and customer management system
In order to deliver the product step by step we used:
- Agile work framework with daily updates and regular planning sessions
- A continuous delivery process
- New web and mobile technologies
- iOS application
- Web application
This project allowed us to use the power of Elixir backend and the shared codebase for React / React Native. We managed to share 50% of it between the web and mobile apps.
Following Inbox’s business needs, we built robust web and mobile apps that allow users to:
- Calculate the subscription for their storage space
- Manage their storage box
- Order additional services such as pickup of non-standard items
- Set pickup / delivery time in the app
- Make a secure payment